Monday, January 9, 2012

Smoothies!!

I have been trying to find a good way to add healthy foods to my diet while being convenient. When I work its so easy to grab some fast food because we are out on the road, tired, and who knows when we will get a break again.

My GOAL is to add smoothies to my diet to replace breakfast and part of lunch/snack. The challenge is to make them tasty without having more calories than what I would have been eating anyway.

The first one I made today included:
-Frozen Strawberries
-Frozen Blueberries
-2 Kiwi
-2 heaping TBsp on nonfat greek yogurt
-Splash of milk
-Handful of Spinach
-1 tsp of honey


Its a lot better than I expected it to be. The spinach gets hidden very well...I kinda feel like I'm hiding them in a kid's food but it works. I don't have to add ice because the berries are frozen and there are no artificial sugar/flavors. The honey smooths out the sharp yogurt taste.

Its kinda pretty too!


I bought lots of fruit and plan on playing with combinations to figure out what works!

No comments:

Post a Comment