Thursday, March 29, 2012

Chicken Pasta

I first had this recipe last summer when we went on a huge family vacation. My Aunt Sarah made this and I LOVED it. I finally got the recipe from her and tweaked it a little for my preference. I'm all about tweaking recipes.

This recipe is super super simple!!

First pick a marinade. I used the Italian dressing packets(you'll need 2) but left out the water and doubled the vinegar. You'll make this up into 2 batches.

Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts go in 1 bag with 1 batch of marinade:
Then in another bag put artichoke, sun-dried tomatoes, and mushrooms if you like them. I put 2 cans of artichoke (because I LOVE them), and 1 packet of sun-dried tomatoes(not in the can/oil). I don't like mushrooms so I left them out. Add the other batch of marinade:

I let them marinade for a few hours....the longer the better.

Then I cooked the chicken in a pan, I would have put it on the grill but it was raining. You can also throw them in the oven to bake.
While the chicken is cooking put the artichoke mixture in a pot. This will be your sauce and you will want to warm it up:

When your chicken is almost finished start cooking the spaghetti. I cook mine 1 minute less than the package says because I hate mushy pasta. When its cooked and drained then add butter and a pinch of salt.

Chop chicken into bite sized pieces. Put chicken and sauce into pasta and mix well. Depending on how much you make add the sauce slowly so you don't end up with too much.

I served mine topped with feta cheese and some fresh chives:
This freezes and reheats REALLY well.

No comments:

Post a Comment