Thursday, February 9, 2012

Spaghetti Pie....and dessert of course


Spaghetti Pie is one of my all time favorite recipes to make. My mom has made this for us since we were young. I've altered it a little since then but it will always remind me of when I was a kid.

I made this last night for the Rescue Squad dinner so the recipe is tripled but I'm going to give instructions for one batch.

First take 1.5lbs of ground beef (or half sausage like I do), some chopped onion, chopped bell pepper, about 2tsp of Italian seasoning and 1tsp of garlic salt and put it in a pan to brown.

Brown for 20 minutes:






All finished:


While the meat is browning cook 12oz of spaghetti al dente. Nothing is worse than mushy pasta.

Dump the pasta in a bowl with 1/2 C of Parmesan cheese, 3Tbsp butter, and 3 scrambled eggs(Duck eggs are the best for cooking!)


Pour into greased baking/pie pan. Top that layer with 1 1/3 C of cottage or ricotta cheese.


DRAIN the meat mixture and add on top of pasta and cheese.


Top with pasta sauce(8-16oz to taste) and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.


Sprinkle 2C Mozzarella cheese on to and bake for another 10 minutes. Voila!


I serve with garlic bread and really enjoy my leftovers. I know you guys won't believe me but it really is good cold the next day. Speaking of....its about lunch time!

2 comments:

  1. I'd have to ditch the peppers and drastically reduce the onion... perhaps add some shrooms too! It looks yummy and easy!

    There is no way I'd eat it cold, but you knew that already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what I LOVE about recipes like this. You can change them to match what you really like. You don't have to eat my green peppers and onions but you can keep the fungus(mushrooms) to yourself. LOL

    It also freezes really well. You can put it all together and skip the oven part until after you thaw it out. :)

    ReplyDelete