Monday, June 25, 2012

Pressure Canner Day 1

I got a great deal on some fresh sweet corn from a friend. I was supposed to get 5 dozen ears but by my count it's closer to 8 dozen. I spent an evening shucking and washing them then borrowed a pressure canner from a friend so I could can the corn.

I sliced the corn off the cob and loosely packed it into pint and quart jars, covered with boiling water and into the pressure canner they went. I did 2 batches and ended up with 12 pints and 4 quarts with another 3 dozen ears still in the fridge. I am thrilled!!! I can't wait to put up food storage for the winter/rainy day.

I have ordered a pressure canner of my own and now have a LONG list of things I want to can. Peaches, pears, veggies, taters, salsa, bbq sauce, leftovers. Lmao I just watched a video on YouTube about how you can can BUTTER!! I can't wait for it to go on sale so I can try!

1 comment: